Sunday, April 1, 2012

Low Sugar, Cool Whip-Pudding Frosting



We love all things sweet and flavorful, so like everyone else we are always looking for ways to cut a few calories, but we aren't willing to give up flavor. We love searching out and modifying our favorite recipes so we can still enjoy the things we love without feeling guilty.

While 'pinteresting', I found a pin that claimed you could mix pudding and cool whip, so I thought I would give it a spin! I modified it a little bit to cut a few more calories, and it turned out amazeballs. Here is what you need:

1 Packet Sugar Free Instant Pudding (I used French Vanilla Great value Walmart Brand) 
1 small Tub (8oz) low fat whipped topping
Milk- 1 cup

Whisk 1 cup milk and pudding together until thick consistency- this should be pretty quick. You will then fold in the cool whip. All done! easy Peasy. I then grabbed a ziplock bag, filled with the frosting about half way, closed the bag, and cut out the corner. I then swirled onto my cupcakes, starting from the outside and making my way toward the inside.. Top with a little bit of sprinkles, and viola! Easiest, Tastiest, low-cal recipe ever.

Once I was done frosting my 24 cupcakes, I had about 1/4 the tub of cool whip left over. So for breakfast yesterday I made German pancakes and we had fruit and the Cool Whip-Pudding to top it off with! Absolutely delicious. ENJOY!

-Alli


2 comments:

  1. oh man, this sounds so good. i seriously need to try it! ... mmmm I love that its basically sugar free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it! I have made it a couple times now, next I am going to try it with chocolate pudding mix. yummm

      Delete